BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring cleaning!

We spent the day on Saturday hanging out as a family, getting some things done. Woody wanted to clean out our garage & get all of the sand & junk out, but mostly to see if he could find the mouse that left a trail (of chewed up insulation) in the corner of the garage. Olivia wanted to go out & "help" daddy, so he gave me a pair of boots that had been in the garage all winter. They are Olivia's Dora "farm" boots. So I get one boot on & start shoving the second one on & she says "mommy, I can't get my foot in, there's something in my boot!" I took a peek inside to find a baby mouse all cuddled up. I freaked a little & handed Woody the boot and told him "well, we found the mouse!" So he grabbed a little cage we had for Olivia's dead butterfly friend, that she brought home from grandma's house last summer, and he tried directing the mouse into the cage. Plop...dead! Olivia & I started laughing SO hard! For days we had been talking about "the mouse in the garage" and here it was in her boot, for God only knows how long!!??

6 comments:

Bridgit said...

I'm impressed you both laughed. I would've been scarred for life.

Mary said...

NASTY!!! That is seriously one of my biggest fears. I always shake my boots off before I put them on for this very reason. I'm glad you guys could laugh about it. Cute pics by the way! I will call you later about getting your hair did!

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

seriously! mice are my worst fear...i can hardly even write about...yep, i am going to be sick...

Mamie said...

That's funny, but I think what's funnier is her dead butterfly friend!

Purty Pat said...

Thanks for the adorable pictures of the girls - also the one with you laying down with them. What a mouse story!!

Miss said...

puke...thats all Ican say!