BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My little girl...I mean "woman"

Olivia and I went on a walk today during Paige's nap. Woody was home "sick" today and was mowing the lawn. Oliva is obsessed with her new Dora bike & wanted me to go for a walk with her. So I was calling her Barbie girl, because her bigger bike (that we bought last year and is still a little too big) is a Barbie bike and has a little "radio" on it that only plays one song..."let's go Barbie girl, Barbie's movin', Barbie's groovin', let's go Barbie girl". We had been singing it together and then I said to her "come on little Barbie girl" and she stops her bike and says "mom, I'm NOT a girl, I'm a woman...you know, not a man, a woman". All I could do was laugh. She didn't think it was funny, she was very serious!

Another thing about her new bike, she brought it over to Frankie's house this morning & apparently her and Frankie found a pen, so she wrote her name on the seat of her bike; twice!! She thought I would be proud, because she now knows how to write her name!!? Also, Tia has the same bike, so Olivia's excuse for writing her name on it was so they wouldn't get them mixed up!?

2 comments:

Felecia said...

How cute...(er...I mean "how very mature!") ha ha

I love that little girls (sorry Olivia) have a natural instinct to grow up.

But don't do it too fast little lady!

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

how funny!