BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

To clean or NOT to clean?

Last week, it was NOT a question! I was cleaning Upstairs and the girls decided to do just the opposite downstairs!!? This happened on Monday & I didn't even discover it until Wednesday night...at 8:30 pm! No, I don't just stick my kids downstairs (for three days) and lock the door (because we don't have one!). We were gone a lot & I was trying to get cleaning, laundry and packing done before Thurs AM! So I spent 45 minutes on Wed night, picking up & organizing every single toy, puzzle, game, baby & stuffed animal that we own!! My mom was mad that I didn't make the girls pick it all up, but like I said, I didn't discover it until AFTER they were in bed sleeping and we were leaving the next morning for four days, so it HAD to be done! Oh, believe you me, they got an earful the next morning! Mama was NOT happy! Their excuse was they were trying to hide from me (under all the toys)!?

Yes, I stepped on several toys coming down the stairs. I had a laundry basket full of ironing to do, which I did not get to until 9:30 PM! Once again, NOT a happy mama!

6 comments:

Mamie said...

I can't believe my eyes.

momof3 said...

Oh my goodness! What a mess, I know this sounds sick to a lot of people but I think it's fun organizing these types of messes:)I guess not if you were trying to get other things done like you were!

Miss said...

that is hilarious...only b.c it often looks like our play room!

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

That's a normal occurance at our house...even when I make the boys pick it up I end up re-doing it later because I have very specific places that their toys go!

Mamie said...

To Post or not to post? I should talk, I just had to say that.

Jen gurl said...

HaHa, Mame! I was posting at the same time you left your comment! I know, I was giving Missy a hard time for not posting for a week & then I looked at mine & felt dumb!