BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sweet somethings...

A few weeks ago, my father-in-law's best friend, Steve Ostby (better know to us as Oz), passed away. The girls knew him well enough to know that he was sick before he died, both Olivia and Paige would say "poor Oz, he's so sick". Well, when he passed away, we told Olivia, because we thought she was old enough to understand and we could explain this to her. Paige still thinks Oz is sick (in fact, she just said it again today). But then Olivia chimes in and says "no, Oz is in heaven, Paige. Mommy and daddy went to his future (funeral)".

So yesterday, Olivia was sitting on the stairs, watching herself in the mirror, talking on her Blackberry (given to her by her daddy...all 4 year olds should have one, right?) and she says "Oz? Oh hi (with a giggle), isn't heaven wonderful?" It was one of those sweet moments I won't forget!

2 comments:

Miss said...

how cute!!! I can jus tsee her on her blackberry!! =)I love that she was takling to him about heaven!

Mary said...

That is so sweet. It made me cry. Paigie looked at me just the other day and said, "Poor Oz". It was so sweet.